The Alpha Telecom, Inc. USA 6000 Series Ethernet Smart-Managed Switching offers a cost effective solution for todays continually expanding bandwidth demands.
The Alpha Telecom's 6024SX2 Ethernet Smart Switch is high performance Web-managed SNMP Layer 2 switch that provides users with 24 10/100Mbps Ethernet and 2 Optional Gigabit ports. The Gigabit module, which can be copper or fiber media, supports 1000BASE-SX, 1000BASE-LX or1000BASE-T, allowing users to increase their network response time at gigabit speeds with great flexibility.
- Non-blocking, full-line speed, store-and-forward, max packet length 1568 byte
- Auto-Negotiation and Auto-MDIX on all 10/100/1000M copper ports
- 24 10/100 RJ-45 ports, and 2 Gigabit port module with copper ports or fiber ports
- 3M bit packet buffer and 1M bit control buffer
- Up to 14K MAC entries and 4K VLAN entries
- Support flow control for both half- and full-duplex
- Support Head-of-Line blocking prevention
- Support broadcast storm filtering
- Support port-based VLAN and 802.1Q tag-based
- Support 802.1v protocol-based VLAN classification
- Support 802.1x Authentication and Authorization
- Support IP Multicast, IGMP snooping
- Support 2-level priority queuing
The 6024SX2 provides a convenient way to operate Layer 2 management through the browser. The user-friendly drop-down menu allows the user to easily learn, control and monitor. It supports not only traditional SNMP function, but also RMON 1, 2, 3, 9 groups for network analysis.
The switch also supports both port-based VLAN and Tag-based. To increase bandwidth application, it supports 7 groups with up to 4 ports trunk, and moreover, these trunk ports provide fail-over function to provide back up when one or more ports malfunction.
It's Non-blocking and maximum wire speed performances are designed on all ports. The switch only supports auto negotiation, but also Auto-MDIX function on all switched 24 10/100M RJ-45 ports and two Gigabit Copper ports in both half or full duplex mode. The Auto-MDIX function makes it convenient for the user.
The 6024SX2 conforms to industry standards and is FCC and CE approved.